Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Welcome To MY World

Poop...


Ok, pfew glad I got that out of the way!
If you will be reading this blog, then you know that the words "poop", "shadoobie", "shapoopie", "shit", "shit storm", "ass fire" will all be thrown around at some point or another. So, if you do not like any of these words then you will most likely NOT enjoy this blog.
Now however, if you ARE in fact comfortable with talking about poop on a daily basis, then welcome to the wonderful world of Crohn's Disease! I am Ri, and I will be your guide through this ridiculous universe I call "daily life".
I decided to start this blog because for the past 10 years I have been battling my own body and my body is winning, and that makes me angry. This blog is for people who are out there in the same shoes, who have nowhere to go to get information or see if what they are experiencing is in fact "normal" or not. I am also here to tell you that it does get better, you DO learn to live with the symptoms, you DO learn how to ignore people's stupid comments about how your look perfectly fine but YOU know your stomach is eating itself, you DO have good days... . I also find humor in a lot of the situations this illness has put me in and sometimes it's nice to know that through it all, you can still smile.
I am not a medical doctor in any way, shape or form, so any advice or tricks that I post about are not guaranteed to work for everyone, they will merely be stories of how I have learned what does, and does not work for controlling my symptoms.
Long story short... This is a blog about a chronic disease, and the craziness it brings along! So enjoy! Or not... Poop haters...

No comments:

Post a Comment